What is GNG Revision Sinus Surgery?
A revision surgery is necessary if you have undergone either Septoplasty, Rhinitis, or Nasal valve reconstruction procedure due to nasal congestion problem, but no improvement was made and the nasal congestion recurred once more. During revision surgery, it is important to have the surgery done in a way to prevent reoccurrence of nasal congestion, and because it’s a complex surgery, the patient has to carefully check if the place where they are considering to get revision procedure done consists of ENT specialists, or if they are well equipped with safety equipment.
Types of Revision Sinus Surgery
Advantage of GNG Revision Sinus Surgery
Point 1 Failure cause analysis
Precise inspection is carried out using equipment used by the university hospital for accurate cause analysis.
Why failure cause
analysis is required
If the improvement was minimal, the cause must
be identified for correct improvement
To make sure there is no correction other
than the area to be improved
Point 2 Surgery to prevent recurrence
Not only problems with primary surgery must be pinpointed but the revision surgery must also be conducted by experienced specialists to prevent secondary aftereffects. At GNG, only ENT specialists with a knowledge of the anatomy of the nose and know-how from years of experience conduct the surgery.
• Recurrence after septoplasty
• Minor improvement made in primary surgery
Reconstruction of septum deviation
• Reconstruction surgery is required if only septoplasty was performed on patients whose cause congestion is nasal valve problem
• Septum cartilage is deviated as if was weakened during extraction in the primary surgery
Re-narrowed nasal valve
• Nasal valve wasn’t improved in primary surgery
• Minor improvement of narrowed nasal valve
• Recurred rhinitis
Complications after rhinitis surgery
• Empty nose syndrome occurred due to excessive removal of turbinate during surgery